Commission Award: Maximum €5000
Deadline: 6th December 2019 at 4:00pm
Call for proposals from professional artists, arts collectives, and arts companies based in the North East [Louth, Meath, Monaghan or Cavan] and working in any genre to support the presentation of new work at the Drogheda Arts Festival in May 2020.
The Drogheda Arts Festival: Set against the backdrop of the Boyne Valley’s cultural capital, the Drogheda Arts Festival takes place each year during the May bank holiday weekend. The first festival of the summer swings into action with an eclectic mix of theatre, music, traditional arts, literature and spoken word, visual art, family and outdoor activities for all ages. The festival is supported by Louth County Council and the Arts Council, and is programmed and delivered by a voluntary committee. For more on the festival, and to see our 2019 programme, see www.droghedaartsfestival.ie.
Commission Award: This commission is open to professional artists at any stage in their career looking to present new work in a festival setting. The aim of the commission is to assist artists living in the North East region to present new work and develop their professional practice. This new work can take any form – including visual arts interventions (please note both Highlanes Gallery and Droichead Arts Centre will be separately programmed, so all visual arts proposals should be outside of these two spaces), performance of new music compositions, scripted theatre, off-site dance, and everything in between – we are not prescriptive about in the manner in which you work, only that the work is new, ambitious, and professional.
The successful artist or arts collective will be selected by a shortlisting and interview process, based on artist(s) CV, proposal, budget, previous work, and references.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email Paul Hayes/Collette Farrell at firstname.lastname@example.org with one pdf document including the following details:
- Artist(s) CV (max three pages)- of all artists involved in the project.
- Proposal to include:
Artist Statement: 250 words
Overview of Proposal: 250 words
Detailed Proposal: 500-1000 words. As well as information about the work and any associated outreach, workshops and/or talks, reference should be made to the audience you would like to reach, where you envisage the work being presented, and how this commission will support your professional practice.
- Detailed budget. You need to provide a full breakdown on all expenditure and sources of income.Please note that any box office will be festival box office.
- Samples of current and previous work (max three pages). This can include photos, excerpts from scripts, drawings of work in development, writing samples, and/or links to audio or video/Dropbox files, and your website.
- If the proposal is for an off-site location, please provide evidence that the site is accessible, and that you have sought permission to use/consulted with owners etc.
- Phone and email contact information for two arts professional references.
Application deadline: Friday 6th December 2019 at 4:00pm. Late applications will be deemed ineligible. Please send your application in the requested pdf format. No hard copy applications will be accepted. The Drogheda Arts Festival is kindly supported by Louth County Council and the Arts Council