Drogheda’s name derives from the Irish ‘Droichead Átha’, meaning bridge of the ford which refers to the River Boyne on which it stands. Drogheda was granted its charter in 1194 by Hugh de Lacy. The Anglo-Normans made Drogheda one of their primary strongholds, completing the town walls in 1334.
Supported by the Office of Public Works, OPW
Note: This site is not fully accessible. Choose suitable footwear. No babes in arms.
Sunday 30 April | 12.00-5.00pm | St Laurence’s Gate
Times: 12.00, 12.20, 12.40, 1.00pm, 1.20pm, 1.40pm, 2.00pm, 2.20pm, 2.40pm, 3.00pm, 3.20pm, 3.40pm, 4.00pm, 4.20pm, 4.40pm